Fantastic new APFA website

Website updates and nail related news.

Re: Fantastic new APFA website

Postby melhora » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi Cols,

I am not out to bag the APFA Forum as I am a member there too... And I am a professional adult Nail Tech who manages a home based salon, a family and a full time position who loves her extended NailTip Family. :D :D XOXOXOXOXOX

But ... Check out some of the Intro posts... I don't think NailTip'ers are nasty, unprofessional people, however we have been taged as that :?: :?: :?: :?:

I will not quote from there as I do not want to get into it.

I was stating my opinion, that is all. :)

Without prejudice
Cheers

Mel :)

Mum to Charlise Kate (aka.. Charlie)

http://www.mymelhora.com
melhora
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby cols » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 pm

hi mel
sorry :oops: just read back through the post and yes one person has named nt but no one else has said that we here on nailtips are nasty unprofessionals so please please don't label all of us the same way as I have said in my post we all need to treat others the way we want to be treated and for us all to act tlike the professionals we are and I have also said that before on here, as I feel imo this is the only way to be in my books. :) :) and I am happy to be a member in all forums on nails as Ii love nails and are happy to get all the advice every as we never stop learnnig, even ig that meant 20 sites :lol: :lol: (mind you I would never get my work done thenas these are soooo additive)
have a great night colleen
colleen's nails and more
cols
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby trusim » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:15 am

melhora wrote:Hi Cols,

I am not out to bag the APFA Forum as I am a member there too... And I am a professional adult Nail Tech who manages a home based salon, a family and a full time position who loves her extended NailTip Family. :D :D XOXOXOXOXOX

But ... Check out some of the Intro posts... I don't think NailTip'ers are nasty, unprofessional people, however we have been taged as that :?: :?: :?: :?:

I will not quote from there as I do not want to get into it.

I was stating my opinion, that is all. :)

Without prejudice

Hi Mel,

All good. I know what you mean. And I know you did not mean anything against the APFA site personally, and yes without prejudice. It is all good.... :D :D :D :D :D
trusim

Postby cols » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:41 pm

hi all
I just want to mae sure that know thinks i have been bagging ths site.
if you woul like to have a look at my edited post i have clearly stated that my comment was not directed at nailtips but a comment in
general of all forums of general behaviour by any person so please accept my apologies if any one thought this.
I am by no means upset with the comments and it is good that this was brought up as it soes make so of us reread our post and
if ever need correct the way we might have said some thing in text but not really meant for it to come out the way it sounded,
as this is an easy thing to do as it is always harder to put words to things when we can not explain it in person and is somethng we all can do with out meaning to.
have a great night colleen
colleen's nails and more
cols
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby jumpyg » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Cols,

It's all good. You are totally write though, it is harder to explain things through text sometimes. We all have our own way of writing and it doesn't always show our intentions. I am still finding this out through my own posts... and then later thought "oh no, I should have written that better". Good thing for the "edit" option... lol!

For those people that don't know, I do have a good relationship with Mindy from the APFA, and I think that it is great that they have a forum back up again. It's really important to use that site to voice our concerns and opinions and seek guidance from Mindy and the committee members. They have been in the industry for a long time.

I see this forum and the APFA forum as working hand in hand, covering all bases of the nail industry. The APFA is an organisation it's self and has a defined set of goals and initiatives, and they offer APFA accreditation and assessments. They offer technicians a voice through their organisation. There is a definite need for that in the nail industry. Whenever I have had a "rant" about changing particular things in the industry, or reporting problems I have come across I have always contacted Mindy through email to discuss them first. Then I go about my way writing to different government bodies and asking for help here there and everywhere.

Nail Tips is what I refer to as a Online Nail Resource Centre built for the nail community. It is entirely run independently for it's members by it's members. There is no social hierarchy. I "moderate" the board in order to keep to my goals of helping to run a friendly and informative community. However, I see myself as a member just like everyone else. Trudy volunteers her time to help with moderating. There is no membership fee for anyone who decides to join. Any nail related business can pay $60 per month for advertising on the front page or $20 per month to be on the "links" list (this can be negotiated with donations such as prizes or services i.e. judging the comps). This money is used towards advertising, hosting the website, and the postage of prizes. Essentially I call this "maintenance" of the website. This has been the first year that we offered these services as we realised we couldn't always afford pay for such things out of our own pocket (we have just the one wage at the moment).

If someone else decides to build up another nail forum I wouldn't have a problem with it. Before my husband and I created this one there was little Australian information around and I found it really frustrating. It looked like people were starting groups but never using them on a regular basis. I had so many questions and so many things I wanted to talk about and share with other nail enthusiasts. As you all know, family get sick of hearing us "talk nails" and I just didn't feel at home on the overseas sites. They used a number of products and techniques that they didn't offer here in Australia. And the idea of creating this website had been on my mind for about 9 months before for it's fruition. I was so excited by the idea that we would all have a place to go to chat nails... I am still excited about it. We finally have an online place for the nail community in Australia! :-). I am also very happy when we get NZ and other overseas visitors because it's a whole different learning experience again.

Gosh I can type... anyway, I just thought I should probably clear things up a bit. There is always going to be a certain amount of politics in the nail industry, as there is in almost every industry. If you come across anything that upsets you on other sites please just ignore it. Use your energy for better things :-). I am so very proud of being apart of this website and it's beautiful members. There are so many warm hearts on here :-).

Ok ok... I am going now. Everyone have a great weekend and I will see you all online very soon!

Georgy
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous