Correction to the donation link

Website updates and nail related news.

Correction to the donation link

Postby spoony » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 am

Hi Guys,

As some of you may have noticed on the front portal page down the bottom is a paypal voluntary donation link.
I have to apologise as it's just been brought to my intention (as of Monday 26th Jan, 8am) that the email address it was configured to was incorrect. So apologies if anyone that may have used it - I have corrected the correction the email/paypal address now so you can safely resubmit.

Any donations made while it was incorrectly configured would not have been charged (phew! :)

The donations are completely voluntary. Once things have settled down we will come up with some extra benefits to give to people that do decide to donate (such as more images in your personal gallery etc), if you were thinking about donating and were unsure how much to donate, it has been suggested that $10 a year would be reasonable.

We will never enforce a subscription model on nailtips and will do our best to come up with some extra bonuses for people that would like to support the board by donating a small yearly amount such as that.

Just for your information any donated money would go to the following:

1. Pay for existing hosting and domain costs (and future costs)
2. Pay to help advertise nailtips to the nail community to keep getting new and active members (for instance about a year ago we had 10,000 small colour brochures printed that we also posted out to salons and training organisations to distribute, Wes from National Salon Supplies was also kinda enough to include our flyers in a big mail out that he did with his catalogue (Thanks Wes! :)).
3. Pay for additional webhosting that we can use to 'backup' the nailtips website to incase our current webhost has any major problems (this happened to us about a year ago as some may remember when our previous host lost our data and we changed to another host as it was taking too long to wait for them to recover).
4. We'd pass on some donations to the companies that make all the different software that we use to run nailtips (it's all free Open Source software but those companies and individual people work hard to produce the software and modifications, so we'd like to give back to them too).
5. We've got a few other ideas up our sleeves for fun things to happen but we'll take care of 1-4 first :).

Thanks for reading :)

Regards,

Paul and Georgy.
spoony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Correction to the donation link

Postby trusim » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Paul & Georgy, I think this is a wonderful idea. I thank you two so much, as we are able to learn, talk, teach, make new friends, and be part of a family on here.

You have both done so much to help us all come together and try out new things that we may never have done before, or experience new things, and to actually believe in ourselves.

Thank you both so much.

Thank you for the friendships and the laughs, and everything.

Trude
trusim

Re: Correction to the donation link

Postby Desi » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Very very true, you guys, with this site, has brought us all together, we learned and keep learning new stuff from one another everyday through NailTips.

It is indeed a fantastic site and have submitted my donation with much pleasure!!

thanks heaps for your hard work and dedication. The new site looks and is TOPS!

Desi
FABULOUS NAILS & Beauty Supplies
Distributor of:
Fabulous Acrylic System (Qld)
Konad Stamping Nail Art
Gelique by Hawley
http://www.fabulousnailsandbeauty.com

fabulousnails@optusnet.com.au
M: 0406 072 465
P: 07 3162 8980
F: 07 3036 5991
Desi