Just a thought

Do you want to advertise? Do you have nail items or services to buy, sell, or swap. Do you know of any special deals? Please advertise here.
Forum rules
The Market Place was created to benefit members of the nail community. Is supports fair exchanges of products and services between members. Nail suppliers are welcome to promote their weekly/monthly specials.

Just a thought

Postby Catmagic » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello everyone,
Something has come to my attention that I find very upsetting and I thought it would be a good idea if I aired my concerns here. I often come onto NT and check out the marketplace because I know from experience that we buy our products then maybe decide for whatever reason that we no longer want them. We then come here and try and help our fellow tech friends by offering those products at a bargain basement price. I think this is wonderful for helping out our new techs who may want to try a new product but don't have a lot of cash to buy it all brand new ( we have all been there and alot of us still are ) or we see something we just LOVE to use for half it's normal price and we snap up this great bargain. A terrific idea for all I'm sure you agree.

This is why I am really upset to see that some people are buying products on our market place and then reselling them for a profit on Ebay :( Now I realise that once you have purchased said product they are yours to do with as you please but come on girls, to my mind this is immoral and downright rude. The people who sell on here are trying to help us, not be used for someone else's profit. I for one will now never offer products in this marketplace because I do not wish my generosity to be taken advantage of. Now you can jump up and down and flame me if you wish, but I truly believe I have a valid reason to feel the way I do.

Your thoughts on this subject would be welcomed. I feel it deserves some discussion.
hugz Amanda

Remember to shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars
Catmagic
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Re: Just a thought

Postby evileyedwomen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:35 pm

I totally agree i think its just really rude to do this :x ...and let me just say those doing this will not make many friends in this industry behaving like this because techs talk to each other and let others know when another tech behaves unprofessionally
----///-\\\----Put this
---|||---|||---On your
---|||---|||---Profile if
---|||---|||---Someone
----\\\-///----You know
-----\\/// ---- died
----- ///\ -----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---or who may be fighting it

RIP my darling nanna
evileyedwomen
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby trusim » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Amanda,

I can see your point. Just sitting here shaking my head. What more can be said. Just in shock really.

I never even thought of that happening. Very sad. :(

Have a great w'end & happy holidays for Easter everyone.
trusim

Postby tiamaria » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you,
this might explain why alot of the stuff is snapped up so quickly. I am a new tech & still finding my way around different products.. There is so much & I have yet to experiment with & rely on this site to purchase at resonable prices because I only have a few clients so far & am constantly putting my hand in my pocket.
Its disgusting to take advantage of a good thing, that is soooo helpful to the genuine ones. J :(
tiamaria
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby evileyedwomen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 pm

tiamaria wrote:Thank you,
this might explain why alot of the stuff is snapped up so quickly. I am a new tech & still finding my way around different products.. There is so much & I have yet to experiment with & rely on this site to purchase at resonable prices because I only have a few clients so far & am constantly putting my hand in my pocket.
Its disgusting to take advantage of a good thing, that is soooo helpful to the genuine ones. J :(

karma is a wonderful thing babe and gets those who deserve it most :D :D :D
----///-\\\----Put this
---|||---|||---On your
---|||---|||---Profile if
---|||---|||---Someone
----\\\-///----You know
-----\\/// ---- died
----- ///\ -----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---or who may be fighting it

RIP my darling nanna
evileyedwomen
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby pollypinkKylie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 pm

I can't believe people could even be bothered to go to the trouble of buying something just to resell it and make a bit of profit! I'm obviously way too lazy!! :roll:
Kylie's All About Nails
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby trusim » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:32 pm

pollypinkKylie wrote:I can't believe people could even be bothered to go to the trouble of buying something just to resell it and make a bit of profit! I'm obviously way too lazy!! :roll:

I agree with you... ha ha.. I was searching for the *LIKE* button... ( way too much facebook ) :lol: :lol:
trusim

Postby Janed » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:36 pm

OMG this is awful. I can't believe peole stoop so low. It hadn't even occured to me to do this.
Janed
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby trusim » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:37 pm

karma is a wonderful thing babe and gets those who deserve it most :D :D :D
[/quote]

Tracy, i really don't believe in a person should have karma get them, cause they have done this.

Gee Wizz, their are far more worse things in life than this.

No disrespect to the ones it has happened too, but their is so much nastiness on here of late.

Staying off Nail Tips for a while again..... :roll:
trusim

Postby Lovin_nails » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:31 am

what a joke....

I honestly hope the large amount of professional products i have sold over the last few weeks - thousands worth at full cost havent landed on ebay - i deliberately waited for buyers through the marketplace to avoid untrained hands on ebay and because as catmagic has said - these things cost a fortune and who better to give a foot in the door with cheaper near new products then newly trained techs!!!!
off to have a look now actually....
Mummy to my girls Sharlah Elizabeth 6 and Arabella Ivee 3.

Pink Diva Nail Creations
Home Salon
Young Nails Lover :D
Lovin_nails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby chrissy82 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:25 pm

I think that is really low to do that. Being a newbie, I look on here to get supplies because I know they will be of good quality and you girls do great deals for us all. It's sad that some people are so selfish
chrissy82
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast

Postby kellymarie187 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Lovin_nails wrote:what a joke....

I honestly hope the large amount of professional products i have sold over the last few weeks - thousands worth at full cost havent landed on ebay - i deliberately waited for buyers through the marketplace to avoid untrained hands on ebay and because as catmagic has said - these things cost a fortune and who better to give a foot in the door with cheaper near new products then newly trained techs!!!!
off to have a look now actually....

You're not gonna find your Lish acrylic stuff up there... it's still wrapped up safe and sound in my room :lol:

I can't believe that people would... oh wait, yes I can. It's just downright wrong, but some people have no shame... I never thought of doing it, to be honest!
kellymarie187
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby Velvetelle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Don't worry its not just stuff like this that it happens with, a facebook friend of mine had a status up earlier saying that she can't beleive the nerve of some people buying her stuff and selling it for profit, her stuff was furniture/kids toys and things like that...

Its down right rude.
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Tess » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:06 pm

I edited the post I wrote previously because I did name the person this is directed at, but I want to point out that to you (you know who this is directed at) YOU were GIVEN nail products by me FREE OF CHARGE that YOU THEN WENT and SOLD! So I think its a touch hypocritical jumping on the moral horse when you yourself have done WORSE!
Last edited by Tess on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Tess » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Im sorry Amanda, I dont want to turn this post sour its a very good subject that I never even knew was happening, but I believe that some need to clean their own backyards before trying to mow others. Have a good day everyone.
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Next

Return to The Market Place