Just a thought

Do you want to advertise? Do you have nail items or services to buy, sell, or swap. Do you know of any special deals? Please advertise here.
Forum rules
The Market Place was created to benefit members of the nail community. Is supports fair exchanges of products and services between members. Nail suppliers are welcome to promote their weekly/monthly specials.

Re: Just a thought

Postby Catmagic » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Tess..no worries..it's an emotional subject for me too...I would like to point out though, as you did name someone earlier and some people may have seen that post, that said person is NOT who I was referring to and my post is not about this person at all. I will not name names as I don't believe in the whole name/shame thing but I thought it was important to note that :)
hugz Amanda

Remember to shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars
Catmagic
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby Tess » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Catmagic wrote:Hi Tess..no worries..it's an emotional subject for me too...I would like to point out though, as you did name someone earlier and some people may have seen that post, that said person is NOT who I was referring to and my post is not about this person at all. I will not name names as I don't believe in the whole name/shame thing but I thought it was important to note that :)

Same same, thats why I edited :D
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Kasha » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Rather entrepreneurial of them :roll: I don't mind the idea if the person is buying from someone who is only selling stuff just to sell it but if you're buying from someone who is trying to help you by selling it to you cheaply or giving you stuff for free....well that's just a bit cheeky isn't it. *shrugs* It's kinda like going to a nail tech and get your nails done just to watch how they do it and then going home and trying to do the same thing on your self and friends just to save/make money :roll:
Accentuate Your Beauty
Let Your Inner Beauty Shine

Services provided:
Waxing
Facials
Mani/Pedi
Nail Enhancements
Makeup for Special Occasions

Spray Tans
Kasha
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Emmalicious » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Your kidding! so what they wanna sell it on ebay to just anyone who hasn't even bothered to study? and they will stuff there own nails up or just waste it and never use it
Emmalicious
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast

Postby jumpyg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 am

Actually, this is really interesting and somewhat disturbing. I am really surprised and shocked to hear about this - because yes, the idea of The Market Place is to help each other out at 'mates rates' or organise a swap. Unless there is some legitimate reason for reselling the product (i.e. allergic reaction) it's hard to understand why someone from here would do that.

I had the same issue with the 'Freecycle' forum. Unfortunately you don't know who your items are going to and you don't get to pick if the person is 'worthy' of your free item. The first person who picks it up is ultimately the new owner - no questions asked.

Unfortunately we can not control where our items go but perhaps we can start writing in The Market Place posts - Item for sale, not resale. Some people won't care where their products go but some will and this may help direct the sale towards the right people.
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kirsten476 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:43 am

Lovin_nails wrote:what a joke....

I honestly hope the large amount of professional products i have sold over the last few weeks - thousands worth at full cost havent landed on ebay - i deliberately waited for buyers through the marketplace to avoid untrained hands on ebay and because as catmagic has said - these things cost a fortune and who better to give a foot in the door with cheaper near new products then newly trained techs!!!!
off to have a look now actually....

you won't see the lish gels either Lesley........
kirsten476

Postby jumpyg » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 am

I have no intention of causing any offense but you would be surprised at the number of nail techs that use Ebay to buy their products. Some nail techs don't know about forums and don't have access to 'supplier stores' (especially in rural areas). Many people feel safe buying from Ebay because of the payment safety and ease of use etc. Obviously not all businesses that sell on there are unprofessional, and it actually costs more than what you would imagine to run an online store. Many people advertise their products on there because they know they can reach the whole of Australia and sometimes it can be hard to sell your left over nail goods locally. Most nail technicians are excellent shoppers and know a good bargain when they see one - hence Ebay is a great source for many.

Obviously selling products to someone cheaply or giving away your products to help someone out - and then them selling forward for a profit is a completely different issue.

I think we all know great nails isn't just about the product, it's the way it's used. A good technician can make even the crappiest of products look great. And although I don't like the idea of untrained hands using professional products - they are lessons that have to be left for that person. Just like professional hair products.
Jumpyg
Georgy Kuhnast

The Nail Shop
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Catmagic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:38 pm

I have absolutely no problem with techs who choose to buy products from ebay or techs who choose to sell products on ebay..
I do take offence to well meaning techs trying to help out other techs and being taken advantage of..
hugz Amanda

Catmagic
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby trusim » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:51 am

Catmagic wrote:I have absolutely no problem with techs who choose to buy products from ebay or techs who choose to sell products on ebay..
I do take offence to well meaning techs trying to help out other techs and being taken advantage of..

I totally agree... ( was still searching for the like button... oh facebook lol )
trusim

Postby jumpyg » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 am

Hi Amanda, I was just wondering... did you end up taking up the issue with the person who bought your products? Or has anyone on here approached the actual nail techs doing this?
Jumpyg
Georgy Kuhnast

The Nail Shop
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BecC » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 am

Wow this is very sad to see happening by nail techs who are now supporting those not in the industry, but like others Ive heard of people doing similar things....going as far as to buy cheap "pumpkin Patch" baby clothes from Vinnies and than go onto selling them making a profit for their greedy little hands. It's so sad, I for one if purchased anything off our NT Market Place and decided to re-sell it if I wasn't for me would offer it back here to Qualified Tech's who appreciate and know the product. This is a tight knit group and I really hope people doing this think twice about doing it again as Im sure most of you selling the items might not do so anymore, making those who are genuine miss out. Ive missed NT lately due to moving town and not doing nails other than my own but it's nice to see the regulars are still here and looking out for eachother XXX :) Keep up the great work ladies Xxx
BecC
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Catmagic » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 am

jumpyg wrote:Hi Amanda, I was just wondering... did you end up taking up the issue with the person who bought your products? Or has anyone on here approached the actual nail techs doing this?

It was actually a tech friend it happened to on here and the damage is done now isn't it...I just thought people should know :(
hugz Amanda

Catmagic
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby jumpyg » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok, no worries. Hopefully your friend can approach this person and discuss the matter further.
Jumpyg
Georgy Kuhnast

The Nail Shop
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shimmy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Unfortunately, this sort of carry on is a (sad) fact of life. I see it all the time in op shops - dealers pouring through items and stripping the place before the truly needy can buy them. I hate that too.

Perhaps a little 'warning notice' could be placed at the front of this forum area to let people know it's a community service and not to be take advantage of?
Shimmy
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby jumpyg » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Good idea - DONE! :-)
Jumpyg
Georgy Kuhnast

The Nail Shop