YN Sunflower Lamp

Have you tried a new product? Discuss your opinion in here.

YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby pollypinkKylie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi all, can anyone please tell me if they have tried or know anything about the Young Nails Sunflower Lamp??

Thanks Kylie :)
Kylie's All About Nails
User avatar
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby sam_bray » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 pm

I was looking at buying one, but then I thaught about it. It sits at head hight as it has a lamp in it, and it sucks the dust UP into it.. I guess my opinion doesnt really count because I havent used it, but I changed my mind because I didnt want dust floating up around my face if you get what i mean?

Lish nail creations will be releasing an extractor fan mid to late feb i think, and it sits on your table and sucks the dust down into the fan.. thats what i decided to get insted of the sunflower lamp.

:)
sam_bray
Nail Freak
Nail Freak
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Seaford, SA

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby Lovin_nails » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:57 pm

ok, i have a question for a lishette - i know Lish is Australian owned and operated, what i wanted to know is if everything they make and supply is Australian MADE?? It just got me thinking the other day that everything they supply has stuck on stickers as opposed to having the items made with their logo designed on the products - so im just curious if everything is Aussie made - no point supporting and backing an Australian product if its made overseas..... (and i have quite alot of Lish products so i have tried them)

thanx lovelies x
Mummy to my girls Sharlah Elizabeth 6 and Arabella Ivee 3.

Pink Diva Nail Creations
Home Salon
Young Nails Lover :D
User avatar
Lovin_nails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm
Location: Coffs Harbour

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby pollypinkKylie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks Sam, I was thinking it might be a bit loud as it's above the table but hadn't really thought about it bringing the dust up round your face, good point. I saw the Lish extraction fan on facebook, it looks great so i'll be checking it out too! So hard to choose and I don't want to waste my money. My husband is still working on making me one but extraction fans are harder to get than we thought they would be! Lol.
Thanks :)
Kylie's All About Nails
User avatar
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby pollypinkKylie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Lovin_nails wrote:ok, i have a question for a lishette - i know Lish is Australian owned and operated, what i wanted to know is if everything they make and supply is Australian MADE?? It just got me thinking the other day that everything they supply has stuck on stickers as opposed to having the items made with their logo designed on the products - so im just curious if everything is Aussie made - no point supporting and backing an Australian product if its made overseas..... (and i have quite alot of Lish products so i have tried them)

thanx lovelies x



Hi, i'm not a Lishette but from what I can gather I don't think everything is made in Australia, but in saying that I think Lish is still definately worth supporting as even if it's not all being made here it is still creating jobs for Australians such as all the Lishettes and is Australian owned :)
Hopefully one of them can give you a better answer though as I could be totally wrong!! :oops:
Kylie's All About Nails
User avatar
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby angelspot » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 pm

pollypinkKylie wrote:Hi all, can anyone please tell me if they have tried or know anything about the Young Nails Sunflower Lamp??

Thanks Kylie :)

it's a 20w tabletop light, air cleaner, odour remover and nail dust collector all in one, I'm gonna check one out on Monday so will let u know how I find it with the position etc :D
User avatar
angelspot
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby Lovin_nails » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 pm

well, i have been suprised to say the least, i was lead to believe they were Aussie made but as another tech just mentioned to me - all other brands also give aussies jobs and CND, YN and NSI etc are all Aussie operated and provide many jobs for us.... so i dont see it fair to use it as a brand slogan as its misleading.
To be honest the reason i spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Lish was because a) they never had any trial kits, b) simone had switched to Lish and c) i honestly thought i was supporting Aussie manufacturing jobs aswell....
Dont get me wrong I am using Lish still with some enhancements - so im not attacking anyone or anything at all, this message is written quite relaxingly and calmly - im just genuinely curious to see other techs and Lishes response....

so tired goodnight lovies xxxx
Mummy to my girls Sharlah Elizabeth 6 and Arabella Ivee 3.

Pink Diva Nail Creations
Home Salon
Young Nails Lover :D
User avatar
Lovin_nails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm
Location: Coffs Harbour

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby Kasha » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 pm

i've seen the sun flower lamp work and it does well, the dust just sucks straight up into the light, it's not noisy, but I don't know how well it removes odor because I only got to try it with a quick file on one nail, not a full service. Hope that review helps somewhat :)
Accentuate Your Beauty
Let Your Inner Beauty Shine


Services provided:
Waxing
Facials
Mani/Pedi
Nail Enhancements
Makeup for Special Occasions

Spray Tans
Kasha
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Norseman, Western Australia

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby pollypinkKylie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:04 am

angelspot wrote:
pollypinkKylie wrote:Hi all, can anyone please tell me if they have tried or know anything about the Young Nails Sunflower Lamp??

Thanks Kylie :)

it's a 20w tabletop light, air cleaner, odour remover and nail dust collector all in one, I'm gonna check one out on Monday so will let u know how I find it with the position etc :D


Thanks heaps look forward to hearing what you think about it :D

Thanks Kasha too, that helps a lot, it is hard to imagine how it works from looking at the picture, I thought it would be quite loud so good to hear it's not :)
Kylie's All About Nails
User avatar
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:45 am

Lovin_nails wrote:well, i have been suprised to say the least, i was lead to believe they were Aussie made but as another tech just mentioned to me - all other brands also give aussies jobs and CND, YN and NSI etc are all Aussie operated and provide many jobs for us.... so i dont see it fair to use it as a brand slogan as its misleading.
To be honest the reason i spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Lish was because a) they never had any trial kits, b) simone had switched to Lish and c) i honestly thought i was supporting Aussie manufacturing jobs aswell....
Dont get me wrong I am using Lish still with some enhancements - so im not attacking anyone or anything at all, this message is written quite relaxingly and calmly - im just genuinely curious to see other techs and Lishes response....

so tired goodnight lovies xxxx


I will answer, but first want to clarify that Lish is not branded "Aussie made" its "Aussie owned" there lies the difference. We outsource products worldwide as does every other company, this is how we are able to keep costs on electricals down, we find the best products at the best prices then we have them manufactured here. Products are manufactured here in Australia (so yes you are supporting that), but unfortunately not everything can be, as sad as it is our country dosent do everything we would like them to do and you would all (I know I would) complain about the high expense of everything if we could get every single thing here. We are Australian owned 100% and yes while other companies support jobs etc, they are not Australian owned, which is where we are able to use the "Australian owned" banner.. Hope that helps :D Oh and by the way I dont believe you should switch products just to follow what someone else has done, switch because you want to and because your current product isn't working for you.. Hope that helps.
Last edited by Tess on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Image
User avatar
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Somerville, Victoria

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:02 am

Lovin_nails wrote:ok, i have a question for a lishette - i know Lish is Australian owned and operated, what i wanted to know is if everything they make and supply is Australian MADE?? It just got me thinking the other day that everything they supply has stuck on stickers as opposed to having the items made with their logo designed on the products - so im just curious if everything is Aussie made - no point supporting and backing an Australian product if its made overseas..... (and i have quite alot of Lish products so i have tried them)

thanx lovelies x


Good points here :D and the simple answer is cost cutting :D Its cheaper to develope a sticker to place on a box then it is to develope a printed box. If we went with printed boxes, you, the consumer would wear that cost.
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Image
User avatar
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Somerville, Victoria

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby Shimmy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Yes, I do know a little bit about the Sunflower lamp as a friend of mine ordered one from the US about 4 or 5 years ago and used it in her salon. It's made by BAU in the US and there are two models; from the look of it I think YN sells the 20W model.

From what I have seen of it, it has a healthy sucking action and the noise emitted is much like a hairdryer. By contrast, the table fans (Fumelok/Emmendee) are much quieter. Also, you get the lamp in a box which you must assemble yourself. But at nearly A$400, it's a bit pricey! :D

As for companies distributing/selling non Australian goods, this is simply business and happens in every industry. I've noticed various nail companies in Australia share the same importer and use the same drills etc but simple market them differently.

PS. I don't recommend ordering electrical appliances from overseas yourself as the products may not work on the Australian electrical grid and are not subject to warranty so if your item goes bust...so does your cash.
User avatar
Shimmy
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby kiwigirl63 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Tess wrote:
Lovin_nails wrote:ok, i have a question for a lishette - i know Lish is Australian owned and operated, what i wanted to know is if everything they make and supply is Australian MADE?? It just got me thinking the other day that everything they supply has stuck on stickers as opposed to having the items made with their logo designed on the products - so im just curious if everything is Aussie made - no point supporting and backing an Australian product if its made overseas..... (and i have quite alot of Lish products so i have tried them)

thanx lovelies x


Good points here :D and the simple answer is cost cutting :D Its cheaper to develope a sticker to place on a box then it is to develope a printed box. If we went with printed boxes, you, the consumer would wear that cost.


You may have already said this Tess - no-one in Australia makes, monomer, powder, gel etc.
User avatar
kiwigirl63
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby pollypinkKylie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Shimmy wrote:Yes, I do know a little bit about the Sunflower lamp as a friend of mine ordered one from the US about 4 or 5 years ago and used it in her salon. It's made by BAU in the US and there are two models; from the look of it I think YN sells the 20W model.

From what I have seen of it, it has a healthy sucking action and the noise emitted is much like a hairdryer. By contrast, the table fans (Fumelok/Emmendee) are much quieter. Also, you get the lamp in a box which you must assemble yourself. But at nearly A$400, it's a bit pricey! :D

As for companies distributing/selling non Australian goods, this is simply business and happens in every industry. I've noticed various nail companies in Australia share the same importer and use the same drills etc but simple market them differently.

PS. I don't recommend ordering electrical appliances from overseas yourself as the products may not work on the Australian electrical grid and are not subject to warranty so if your item goes bust...so does your cash.


Thanks heaps for the info! :)
Kylie's All About Nails
User avatar
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: YN Sunflower Lamp

Postby jumpyg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:13 am

kiwigirl63 wrote: You may have already said this Tess - no-one in Australia makes, monomer, powder, gel etc.


This is absolutely correct. Don't worry, I was really upset when I found this out too. However, I do also believe that many of our raw products are purchased from overseas and mixed/blended here.

As far as I understand there are approximately 3 main companies in that are used to manufacture these products and then are sold to agents around the world. Product colours and consistencies are altered at each agents request. Even companies in Asia purchase from the same source if they are unable to manufacture the products themselves.
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
User avatar
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3213
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Next

Return to Product Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron