Electric Files

Have you tried a new product? Discuss your opinion in here.

Electric Files

Postby Lapistear » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:09 am

I found this on ebay and was wondering if it's any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PurpleBerry-Nail ... 35af78f0fe

I did some google searching on the product name and it seemed to be an alright brand. I was wondering if anyone else has any real world information on it. Also (hypothetically) if I got it, what bits would be necessary to function as an e-file for gel nails?
User avatar
Lapistear
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Electric Files

Postby Velvetelle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 am

I have one of these (Blueberry not purple tho) from the same seller and never really had any problems except that once i bought a carbide drill piece and it wouldnt fit abd the handpiece can get a bit hot if used for longer than normal, however i would class this as a student e-file, i have since purchased a 2nd hand Wecheer brand file and it absolutey runs rings around the blueberry...

Image

As for what drill bits for gel, well i can't help there, sorry, i dont do gel, only acrylic.
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
User avatar
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Cobram, Victoria...

Re: Electric Files

Postby Lapistear » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks for the reply.
User avatar
Lapistear
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Electric Files

Postby scorpion2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 am

I have the same Blueberry one that Lisa has, and use it with both gel and acrylic. The files that come with it work on both, but bought the gold medium K file from Georgy and use it for removing product and the others for shaping. I would agree it is a student e-file and at the moment it suits my purposes (and pocket).
Carolyn
User avatar
scorpion2
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Cessnock, NSW

Re: Electric Files

Postby Velvetelle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am

scorpion2 wrote: at the moment it suits my purposes (and pocket).


hehehe, i paid $23 for my wecheer file, seems because they had it advertised on ebay as a student file no one else wanted it lol

$13 forthe file and $10 for postage!!

Bargain at half the price as my dad says... :D
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
User avatar
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Cobram, Victoria...

Re: Electric Files

Postby Lapistear » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks... love eBay... Hubbie calls it "The Work of the Devil".... lol... Will definately be looking there when time comes to upgrade to an efile. Probably around the time someone runs a course I can get to.
User avatar
Lapistear
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Electric Files

Postby evileyedwomen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 pm

i have a young nails yn99 and am in love with it...yes its exdpensive at 895 but worth every cent
----///-\\\----Put this
---|||---|||---On your
---|||---|||---Profile if
---|||---|||---Someone
----\\\-///----You know
-----\\/// ---- died
----- ///\ -----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---or who may be fighting it

RIP my darling nanna
User avatar
evileyedwomen
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 1837
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am
Location: brisbane northside

Re: Electric Files

Postby melhora » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 pm

I got one of these and haven't had any issues...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/248-Electric-Nai ... 1e5991af32

I had one of the blueberry ones, but after a while it started to get the shakes! Had to get a new one as the vibrations was causing lifting :(
Cheers

Mel :)

Mum to Charlise Kate (aka.. Charlie)

http://www.mymelhora.com
User avatar
melhora
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: Salisbury North, South Australia

Re: Electric Files

Postby Velvetelle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:05 pm

melhora wrote:I got one of these and haven't had any issues...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/248-Electric-Nai ... 1e5991af32




Mel, i have been looking at those ones as a back up just in case, i mean afterall you never know what might happen...

How have you found it to be vibration/handpiece heat etc?

How does it go sitting on the desk or is it one you put in your apron pocket? is it noisy at all???
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
User avatar
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Cobram, Victoria...

Re: Electric Files

Postby Tess » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Velvetelle wrote:
scorpion2 wrote: at the moment it suits my purposes (and pocket).


hehehe, i paid $23 for my wecheer file, seems because they had it advertised on ebay as a student file no one else wanted it lol

$13 forthe file and $10 for postage!!

Bargain at half the price as my dad says... :D



Bargain allright!! :D But if I recall, that now makes 3 efiles for you in just over 12 months...... pays to buy on performance :D
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Image
User avatar
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 2734
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Somerville, Victoria

Re: Electric Files

Postby melhora » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Velvetelle wrote:
melhora wrote:I got one of these and haven't had any issues...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/248-Electric-Nai ... 1e5991af32




Mel, i have been looking at those ones as a back up just in case, i mean afterall you never know what might happen...

How have you found it to be vibration/handpiece heat etc?

How does it go sitting on the desk or is it one you put in your apron pocket? is it noisy at all???


Vibration is very, very minimal, if it does get some slight vibration, it just needs a good cleen.. (dust at teh join, thats all) easily fixed! :)

I have it sitting on the desk, it has a lightweight hand piece and is easy to use, no chuck needed which i like and it's digital so no speed guessing.

I would reccommend this as a student drill though, if I was doiing 4 + sets a day i am not sure how long it will last, but for me it is great :)
Cheers

Mel :)

Mum to Charlise Kate (aka.. Charlie)

http://www.mymelhora.com
User avatar
melhora
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: Salisbury North, South Australia

Re: Electric Files

Postby Velvetelle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for that mel, much appreciated.
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
User avatar
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Cobram, Victoria...

Re: Electric Files

Postby jumpyg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Lapistear wrote:I found this on ebay and was wondering if it's any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PurpleBerry-Nail ... 35af78f0fe

I did some google searching on the product name and it seemed to be an alright brand. I was wondering if anyone else has any real world information on it. Also (hypothetically) if I got it, what bits would be necessary to function as an e-file for gel nails?


I would probably recommend a diamond bit kit and some sanding bands. You don't really need carbide bits on gel (unless you do those super long stilettos... lol) because gel is quite easy to remove in comparison to liquid and powder enhancements. Usually diamond pieces are sufficient.

Most of the machines mentioned have a very similar vibration. You want a high torque (280-350 gf.cm) machine which offers low vibration - you can barely feel it on. It cuts smiles lines and lifted areas quickly, easily and with no discomfort for the client. High vibration can make customers really uneasy and uncomfortable.
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
User avatar
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3213
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Electric Files

Postby Made by Marce » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 am

Velvetelle wrote:I have one of these (Blueberry not purple tho) from the same seller and never really had any problems except that once i bought a carbide drill piece and it wouldnt fit abd the handpiece can get a bit hot if used for longer than normal, however i would class this as a student e-file, i have since purchased a 2nd hand Wecheer brand file and it absolutey runs rings around the blueberry...

Image

As for what drill bits for gel, well i can't help there, sorry, i dont do gel, only acrylic.


Where can I find more info (or any info) on this WECHEER brand?? I am going in circles trying to find more about it as i am contemplating purchasing one...
RPM... Any vibration? Strong?

I need something that i can use to file back length of acrylics, remove excess, buff with etc..

On my list are a couple i have my eye on right now... The WECHEER, a LE CHAT (Don't know much about this one either but from what i've seen it's got good reviews) and a student drill Georgi has been kind enough to offer me, but am waiting on some info on it... :wink:
User avatar
Made by Marce
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Electric Files

Postby Crispy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I ordered via my lecturer at my school. It's an Erica MT20, cost $600 which took me ages to save for and although I've only used it in a few classes so far, I find it's a dream to use and totally worth it.

I'm now saving for a ventilation unit to go with it.
One thing I cannot stand when walking past a nail shop is the overwhelming stench of fumes coming from them. Ugh!
User avatar
Crispy
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:35 pm
Location: Adelaide

Next

Return to Product Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron