Lish vs NSI ..Young Nails and the rest of the nail world

Have you tried a new product? Discuss your opinion in here.

Lish vs NSI ..Young Nails and the rest of the nail world

Postby Chardonnay » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I have an excess of questions so here goes another...
Can anyone compare Lish with NSI or both with young nails. Im looking at all the different products and was happy with the info I've found on Lish, but then I saw the prices of NSI and am loving the costs...man there are too many different brands and i just dont know where to start..or stop for that matter. Even a run down on the cost and perfomance of the products you do use would be fantastic. My head is just spinning, this market is huge
Chardonnay
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Re: Lish vs NSI ..Young Nails and the rest of the nail world

Postby melhora » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

can I suggest go to some demo days, have a play with the products, everyone has there own likes and dislikes and their own technique too, if you rely on others opinions then you might have troubles, you have to find a range that suites your budget, style, and needs.

I know it is hard, but get samples where you can and wear a different product on each finger, untill you find one that you gives you the strength, colours and workability that you like.

good luck with your search!

xoxo
Cheers

Mel :)

Mum to Charlise Kate (aka.. Charlie)

http://www.mymelhora.com
melhora
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby angelspot » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 pm

You can't really compare different brands as they are all soo different.. apples v oranges :D

I would suggest arranging some demo days with each company you're interested in and getting some trial kits of each product and testing them on yourself for a few infills and take notes of what u like/dislike of each brand before testing the next.. also take pics.

I use Young Nails and love it, very cost effective, my clients all love their nails and are very happy with the prices (actually afew clients have told me I need to put my prices up! lol but I have a home based salon so don't need to charge as much as a store-lease salon)
I must say that whatever you choose product specific education is very important so that you know the correct way to use the product to do it justice.
angelspot
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby pollypinkKylie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi,
I can't comment on Young Nails as I haven't used it much but I have used NSI and Lish. I think both are lovely products, I just found that I couldn't do things with NSI that I can do with Lish. I really wanted to do reverse application which I found really hard with NSI and very easy with Lish. I think from memory that the prices for Lish are cheaper than NSI too, but like Mel said you really need to try a few products and have a play and decide what is best for you and what you want to get out of your nails. I'm sure NSI and YN have trial kits, Lish doesn't but i'd be more than happy to let you have a go of what Lish stuff I have here.
Have fun choosing :)
Kylie's All About Nails
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby scorpion2 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:28 am

I posted somewhere else about this, but what Mel said is true, you have tofind a product youlike the feel of. What I like and why is different to Mel, Bekki, Kylie, etc. I've used various products over the years and have changed for a number of reasons. You need to find one that you like the look, feel and price of. Sample kits and demo days are the way to go. Also some classes with the companies as you can play with the products as well and see what after purchase support they offer. Very important.
Carolyn
scorpion2
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Tess » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 pm

scorpion2 wrote:I posted somewhere else about this, but what Mel said is true, you have tofind a product youlike the feel of. What I like and why is different to Mel, Bekki, Kylie, etc. I've used various products over the years and have changed for a number of reasons. You need to find one that you like the look, feel and price of. Sample kits and demo days are the way to go. Also some classes with the companies as you can play with the products as well and see what after purchase support they offer. Very important.

Spot on!
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby anjelah84 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:11 pm

I have wOrked with East coast nails, ez flow, nsi, creative and Lish. With all of these,Except Lish, I hated the gel. NSI and ez flow acrylics are good, but not the best for reverse. I use all Lish products, including gel and absolutely LOVE them. It really depends on the type of nails you do- natural, French, fantasy? I do all three in acrylic and gel and Lish has the biggest art and colour range for me to offer my clients. The prices are probably the most competitive out of all the above brands. Customer service is amazing. If you have any questions, someone at the mothership or on the fb site can always help.
Really, it depends on your own experience with the products themselves. (but I vote Lish! )
anjelah84
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Shimmy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 pm

I think the suggestion about going to demo days is a good one because what I might like might have you scratching your head thinking it's crap. Or whatever.

I've been to two demo days now and am due to attend more in the near future.
A lot of demo days are free but some suppliers do ask for a fee (which usually you can get back on product) so it pays to read the fine print :D

But of the two days I attended I found they really helped the decision process as well as got me up to speed with what is the current go in the marketplace.

I'm really excited about the ones coming up. And who better to get the feel of something by actually looking at it, touching it and talking about it with people who are used to using it?

Good luck and tell me what you end up finding.
Shimmy
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby passion_4_nails » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Shimmy wrote:I think the suggestion about going to demo days is a good one because what I might like might have you scratching your head thinking it's crap. Or whatever.

I've been to two demo days now and am due to attend more in the near future.
A lot of demo days are free but some suppliers do ask for a fee (which usually you can get back on product) so it pays to read the fine print :D

But of the two days I attended I found they really helped the decision process as well as got me up to speed with what is the current go in the marketplace.

I'm really excited about the ones coming up. And who better to get the feel of something by actually looking at it, touching it and talking about it with people who are used to using it?

Good luck and tell me what you end up finding.

Well said...that is where Lish stands above the rest...we have a "hands on" policy...we actually welcome you to come and try the products for yourself and see just how awesome it is :D
Angie Smith
Central Queensland Educator
Lish Nail Creations

www.lish.com.au
www.salonpacific.com.au
passion_4_nails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Return to Product Reviews