* Perfect Nails*After a few months of using it I have to say

Have you tried a new product? Discuss your opinion in here.

Re: * Perfect Nails*After a few months of using it I have to say

Postby Velvetelle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:01 am

scorpion2 wrote:
Velvetelle wrote:Singapore nails???

You haven't seen my FB page...lol....I went to Singapore last month and these were the nails I did for the trip

lol oh i thought you meant you had some done while you were there, lol i knew you did these, you told me about them but i never seen them is all lol

Very nice by the way!!!
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Velvetelle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey Cheryl, here is some photos of the cover powders... Just dont ask which one is which cos i dont remember lol Sorry!
Attachments
35628_117659791633261_100001677211609_117528_5274870_n.jpg
63237_117659798299927_100001677211609_117529_3459498_n.jpg
154679_117659744966599_100001677211609_117527_3550415_n.jpg
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby wickednails » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Cheers lisa, why are you not entering them in the lish xmas comp?????

The cover pink im guessing is nice, and quite pink, not pale or pastel like some of them.
Lover of Lish !
wickednails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Velvetelle » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:02 pm

wickednails wrote:Cheers lisa, why are you not entering them in the lish xmas comp?????

The cover pink im guessing is nice, and quite pink, not pale or pastel like some of them.

ha ha thanks but they are not outragous enuff for me to enter them in teh comp... Might do that thius week, dunno yet...

Yeah its more pink than pastely.. but it is still very nice...
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby scorpion2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:18 am

Cheryl my nails were done using the cover natural. It suits my skin tone better than the cover pink natural or the cover pink. I might add that the one on my dodgy right hand lasted for 5 weeks with very little lifting, and I'm a lifter!!!!!
Carolyn
scorpion2
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby pearlisquenails » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:09 pm

must say, even as a newbie I have used PN off the bat and have no thoughts of changing! Originally i wanted to use Hawleys illume range, but after seeing this price, followed by the quality I chose PN. I used others like cnd and ez-Flow at school, yes the were good, but you just can't justify the expense!

Thank you Ray, your acrylic and gel systems are brilliant, I'm so glad I found you straight away instead of battling with others!
Nails to envy, to die for
pearlisquenails
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby monkey_monkey » Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 pm

hi i have a question i have been using perfect nails gel system, and i am really confused on which of the acrylic brands to use?
is there much of a difference between the 3 of them, is there anyway i can try them out without having to purchase all of them.
soooo Confused.
monkey_monkey
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby Velvetelle » Tue May 24, 2011 11:39 pm

monkey_monkey wrote:hi i have a question i have been using perfect nails gel system, and i am really confused on which of the acrylic brands to use?
is there much of a difference between the 3 of them, is there anyway i can try them out without having to purchase all of them.
soooo Confused.

Ok so here os what i know... ( I only use the perfect nails brand not the gold signature or the UV cured acrylic)

The Gold signature brand is primerless, i had a sample pack of this from Ray back last year after the Sydney expo and used it on my friend who is a nail biter and a lifter, i did not use primer, 4 weeks after having done her nails she had absolutely n o lifting what so ever...The GS is alos a little more expensive...

Perfect nails brand does require a primer (I use the acid free primer) and even on the worst of lifters there is obly very minimal to no lifting ( I would class it as dry edges not lifting, if that makes sence?) This one is less to pruchase than the GS but is still a very very good product.

Now the UV cured acrylic i cannot comment on as i have never used it.

Nor can i comment on the odourless system, i have not used this either.

Yes, you can get trial packs from Ray @ Beauty world and as he has a scientific/chemistry background he knows his products VERY well amnd will help you out with any question you may have.

I hope that helps you out in some way :D

If you would like to discuss this more with Ray he is on here as Beautyworldadmin. PM him, i am sure he would love to hear from you :D
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Beautyworld1admin » Wed May 25, 2011 7:44 pm

We have several different acrylic systems available with 4 being sold under the Perfect Nails brand.

Perfect Nails Lite Cure - UV cured acrylic system, odourfree
Perfect Nail Odourfree - similar chemistry to Lite cure, but doesn't require UV curing i.e air dries

Both systems are pretty much in decline, because the odourfree technology of the last decade has definitely been gel. In fact I think it's fair to say that the advances in gel technology have outnumbered the advances in acrylic chemistry many times over.

Perfect Nails Acrylic system . This was the first system we started with and it's chemistry is now quite old. So old that some might think that it's old fashioned, but we've always felt that a chemistry that can hang around for 30 years in the nail industry must have been fairly decent to begin with which is why we still sell it. It's relatively inexpensive and reliable. It has just one downside and that is that it can crystallise in cooler conditions. Providing you control your work environment to a comfortable temperature this isn't usually a problem. We suggest you use our acid or non acid primer with this product.

Perfect Nails Gold Signature acrylic. This was our second generation product and uses a polymer blend that we mix here in Australia. It's primerless and is more tolerant of cool conditions compared to PN Acrylic. It's slightly more expensive, but still good value.

Cheers
Ray
Beautyworld PL
Beautyworld1admin
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby monkey_monkey » Thu May 26, 2011 8:31 pm

thanks heaps for the information helped heaps. was wondering how cold it has to be for it to crystalise, does it do that before you put on nails or while there on???
also wondering how the gel nail polish is coming along? leanne had a trail said something that it was in the process.
again thanks heaps
monkey_monkey
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby caddy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:56 am

Hi just wondering if there is PN gel system and if so how good is it :)
caddy

Postby monkey_monkey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:32 pm

yeh there is i use it its great value and is really good, i am a cronic nail bitter and i love it have no complaints, everybodys nails that i have been doing love them go to beauty world.com.au and have alook, they also have like 60 coloured gels.
monkey_monkey
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby caddy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks, i look forward to trying it :)
caddy

Postby Beautyworld1admin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 am

Hi to all

With regard to the acrylic systems our Perfect Nails Gold Signature monomer (blue bottles)won't crystallise in the cooler weather, but our standard PN Acrylic system (amber bottles) will. Normally you will see the crystallisation occuring before the client leaves the salon.

All acrylic systems are bound by the chemical laws of the universe and one of those laws is that the rate of chemical reactions tends to decrease as the temperature falls. For our standard system this means that in really cool conditions the monomer has a chance to turn from liquid back to a solid before polymerising giving rise to a crystallisation issue. To overcome this issue the work environment needs to be warmed and stepping up to a faster setting polymer will also help. Watch for clients with really cold hands as the issue is more noticeable on them. BUT PLEASE DON"T GET CLIENTS TO WARM THEIR HANDS BY SOAKING THEM FOR A FEW MINUTES IN WARM WATER !!!. Each year we get calls with techs having lifting problems and we trace it back to this practice. Remember natural nails are somewhat porous so soaking them in water immediately beofre applying an enhancement is asking for trouble.

On the gel polish front we have been watching a number of gel advances unfold in the USA before settling on the newest chemistry that's available. It flys in this week and so hopefully we are fairly close to getting a gel polish into the Perfect Nails range. As with our PN gel range we will be making our own colours here in Australia. We are also planning to get a new low exotherm builder gel into the existing PN gel system. I'lll try and post some pictures when we are ready to go.

Cheers
Ray
Beautyworld PL
Beautyworld1admin
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby shelly16 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi, I'm just getting back into nails and this product sounds really great. Looking for products of quality that don't lift, I use to use Creative but that was a while ago. Is there a supplier on the Gold Coast.

Thanks
Michelle, Gold Coast
shelly16

PreviousNext

Return to Product Reviews