Brisa Lite Gel

This is where professional nail technicians can discuss nail matters. Need some advice? Got any handy tips? This is where it goes!

Brisa Lite Gel

Postby Tinkabel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi,

I am currently studying Nail Technology at TAFE. I use CND Retention+ for my own acrylics and have formed an allergic reaction. I have also done a skin swab with the product we use at TAFE and had an allergic reaction to that as well. From my testing I think it is actually the monomer. My fingers become itchy, form tiny little blisters and my fingers swell up near the cuticles and tops of fingers. At it's worse the skin breaks and splits then peels off & bleeds.

I was wondering if anyone who has had an allergic reaction has tried CND Brisa Lite UV Gels and had any success?

I have tried to grow my own nails out but they really need a little help. Even applying UV Gel polish over the top does not do the job well enough as my nails are really thin and break easily. I get a very slight reaction from UV Gel polishes but nothing as fierce as the acrylic systems.

I love applying enhancements to myself but can not continue going through the pain that the acrylic is causing. I am hoping the CND Brisa Lite Gel might be the answer but I don't want to outlay more money to find that I can not use it.

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Bel
Tinkabel

Re: Brisa Lite Gel

Postby FingerNailFixer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 am

I would suggest trying to hit an in store class or demo day and get a nail done to take it for a test run! I can't tell where you are from, if you will be at the Beauty Expo in New Zealand that would be a great place to check things out of I am teaching a class after the expo and would be happy to pop some Brisa Lite on you during a break or after class. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7310&p=64104#p64104
Holly L. Schippers - CND Education Ambassador

Video Tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/fingernailfixer
http://www.facebook.com/FingerNailFixer
FingerNailFixer
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby Tinkabel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks so much for answering my post.

I actually live in Australia, but thanks for your kind offer.

I have been fortunate to test the product. I got in touch with our local stockist and they allowed me to do a test with the Brisa Gel, the bond and the top coat. That was 5 days ago and I have had no reaction. I was so pleased.

I have also been put on to the monomer NSI Universal and tested this 5 days ago also with no reaction.

I am pleased with these results as I now have a few options on what I can use.

Perhaps you could tell me though what the difference is between Brisa Gel and Brisa Lite Gel. I have tried to research this but can't seem to find the answer. Can the Brisa Gel be soaked off or does it need to be filed.

Thank you for your time.

PS I love watching your YouTube tutorials, you explain everything really well.
Tinkabel

Postby FingerNailFixer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm so happy you were able to try a few things!
The Brisa traditional is solvent resistant and must be removed by filing off.
Brisa Lite is removeable by wrapping like Shellac, the sculpting gel can be rebalanced and the smoothing gel is removed and reapplied with Shellac or on its own.
I have application videos for both on YouTube :)
Holly L. Schippers - CND Education Ambassador

Video Tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/fingernailfixer
http://www.facebook.com/FingerNailFixer
FingerNailFixer
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby Tinkabel » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm

Thank you so much for your advice Holly.

I will be sure to have a look at your videos as they are always so informative. Keep up the good work!
Tinkabel

Return to Professional Nail Chat