Struggling with acrylic...brand recommendations?

This is where professional nail technicians can discuss nail matters. Need some advice? Got any handy tips? This is where it goes!

Struggling with acrylic...brand recommendations?

Postby Vicky Dyson » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi there,

I have just qualififed as a nail tech (cert 2) and am really struggling to find an acrylic system thats easy to use.
When we were learning at college we had acrylic powder that was quick thick and easy to pat down and spread around but it only came in an awful dark pink colour.
I have since tried using the Eziflow brand at home and it seemed very runny and harder to spread, at one point it also dried so quick when i placed acrylic in zone 2 i could see a line beween the 2 zones
Can anyone recommend a good acrylic system/brand thats easy to use whilst im still a bit slow and trying to get the hang of things

Many thanks :)
Vicky Dyson

Re: Struggling with acrylic...brand recommendations?

Postby Nikrhithokaylin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Vicky.
I am currently studying my Cert II with ViVid Nails. ViVid is the Australian distributor for ONS (Odyssey Nail System). They have a student grade acrylic that sets a bit slower setting so that you have time to play with it. They also run some fantastic advanced courses to improve on your skills. Have a look at www.ons-vividnails.com.au

Let me know if you have any questions.
:-)
Nikrhithokaylin

Re: Struggling with acrylic...brand recommendations?

Postby Vicky Dyson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 am

Thank you SO much for your reply :)

I finally got down to a decent nail supply distributor and she put me onto Platinum Brand. So far i must say im really liking it :)
Thanks heaps for your help xxx
Vicky Dyson

Return to Professional Nail Chat