Where does your accredited certificate have to come from?

This is where professional nail technicians can discuss nail matters. Need some advice? Got any handy tips? This is where it goes!

Where does your accredited certificate have to come from?

Postby Nikrhithokaylin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 pm

hi everyone.

This is not about a course I am interested in as I am already training with ViVid Nails. But there is a girl on my local Facebook Online Sales groups that is offering Accredited Certificates in everything beauty, including Nail Enhancements. I got a friend to ask for more info so I could have a sticky nose.

I was horrified at the 6hr course with a accredited certificate she is offering for $500. She is also selling a Nail kits which is 'Mostly Hawley' for $400, and you should def buy it for her cause most people regret it when they don't. But there is no receipts cause she gets it extra cheap from her 'supplier'.

So my question is...How do you know that an accredited certificate is accredited? Where should it have come from? Is there some sort of code etc on it?

Thank god I found ViVid through this site!!!

Thanks in advance for your info :)

Cheers
Kristy
Nikrhithokaylin

Re: Where does your accredited certificate have to come from?

Postby jonesthefarmer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 am

Hi, I would advise your friend to probably not even consider the Facebook course, much better to contact TAFE, Community College or CND (or other product) educators. Maybe your friend could ask "by whom is the certificate accredited?" It may be just facebook@nails.com - Would this qualification then be accepted by the professional suppliers? Are they offering face to face practical training as well as manuals?

Just my opionion and I hope it helps.

Regards, Julie
jonesthefarmer
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby Nikrhithokaylin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks.
My friend asked her and the name she gave her is an insurance company. Dodgy as!!
I'm disgusted that people will lie like this. God knows how many unsuspecting people have fallen for her scam!
Nikrhithokaylin

Postby jumpyg » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Yes, I agree. Don't trust anyone that can't give you important information that you require. Accredited can mean anything. What you want is an Accreditation by an RTO (Registered Training Organisation). Vivid Nails is an RTO and so I believe you will be in safe hands :-)
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Professional Nail Chat