How to minimize acrylic odor?

This is where professional nail technicians can discuss nail matters. Need some advice? Got any handy tips? This is where it goes!

How to minimize acrylic odor?

Postby kathiny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Now that i have the correct info. about acrylic nails being here to stay that's great! Now i am interested in minimizing the odor that's part of the process. I have an exhaust fan in the area i plan to put the new tech's station. Does anyone have experience with a brand or model of air cleaner that will handle the acrylic. I haven't had a nail Tech. that uses Acrylic in this salon and its a smaller area than I've had in the past. I'm sure this is an understandable issue with other smaller salons as well.
Most of my clients are more of a spa nature so odor control would be important. I need to do this right the first time, and i can afford to do it at this time.
Please understand that I'm sincere in asking these questions, not trying to upset anyone about the odor, and I'm thrilled to be getting this new nail tech. She has about half Acrylic and half Gel clients so i want her and her clients to be as comfortable and as welcome as possible. thanks for the help in advance :lol:
nail art design tutorials: http://www.melodysusie.com/blog/
kathiny
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast

Re: How to minimize acrylic odor?

Postby FingerNailFixer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm afraid I don't have fan suggestions but a metal trash bin with a lid will help with odor control, also disposing of the trash at lunch and at the end of the day will keep it under control as well :)
Holly L. Schippers - CND Education Ambassador

Video Tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/fingernailfixer
http://www.facebook.com/FingerNailFixer
FingerNailFixer
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby Artist » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Fumelok desk will help with dust and fumes. screw top jars for liquid and ziplock bags for The Mat you wipe your brush on to ziplock then bin it. I'm starting to look into odourless acrylics hence starting up on this site.
Artist

Postby Lee333 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:58 pm

I am a nail tech and I use a Fumelok table. Mine has has different settings ie low to high exhaust, I use it on high when I need to take down a lot of acrylic and you can really see the dust being sucked down.
In regards to fumes there are a few things you can do that really make a difference,
Don't leave monomers open and replace lids as soon as you finished using them
Use a bin that seals
I turn my Fumelok on and place the container of monomer and my brush mat on the vent so that the fumes are immediately sucked down

Have had lots of positive comments and clients appreciate the health benefits.

Last I heard Fumelok can be leased so payments become tax deductions :D
Lee333

Return to Professional Nail Chat