Gel Polish

This is where professional nail technicians can discuss nail matters. Need some advice? Got any handy tips? This is where it goes!

Gel Polish

Postby airbrush lynn » Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 am

Hi everyone.

I am gradually building my confidence back up again after a long lay off, so I can start working from home again. I'm going to start with acrylics and add in gels once I'm happy with those. My question is , I would really like to add a gel polish service, so I'm looking at all the options..... which brand would you recommend and why. I am leaning towards Shellac at the moment, probably as I feel that many people know the name and refer to any gel polish service as "Shellac", but I'd love to know what you're all using and why you chose it and also which colours you feel are popular as I will only be able to offer a few for starters.

Many thanks lovely ladies

Lynn
airbrush lynn

Re: Gel Polish

Postby Janders » Wed May 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Im leaning toward Shellac too :)
Janders

Postby raznik » Thu May 31, 2012 5:29 pm

hi there,
look at the young nails brand of gel polish caled mani q.
It can be applied over gel, acrylic and natural nails. beat adhersion ever.
Nicki Jackowski
Young Nails Educator, Sydney, Southern Highlands.
Facebook: Young nails educator sydney and southern highlands.
raznik
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby ShellacLover » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm using the CND Shellac and I'm in LOVE! It's so quick and easy to both apply and remove!
Their colour range is great too! They have their base colours and then you can even layer the colours to create more amazing colours!!
ShellacLover

Postby mwaugh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:41 am

Personally I think shellac is good for a hybrid polish, but it is just that, a blend of gel and polish, which has its limitations. If ur going to invest in a gel polish range my advice would be to go for the newer technology and go a pure gel polish. The advantages of that are u can use it on top of natural nails, gel, or acrylic, plus u can marble with it to create some amazing easy designs which u cant with hybrid polishes. U can even do French refills in no time, even if your client likes acrylic, u can refill the base, finish file, then simply paint the white tip on, and top coat. U can do this as the gel is highly pigmented, but very thin. Still looks amazing, and goes on smooth unlike polish. Plus u can play easily with ur smile line till your happy with it as it wont dry till u cure.
The two brands I love are ONS i-gel, and IBD Just Gel. They both are led uv cure too so they will cure in 30 seconds with a led lamp. This saves a lot of time. Just Gel has only just been released so they still have some pretty awesome starter specials on.. very affordable. And we have had some amazing results with it. Three weeks on natural nails no worries. Hope that helps. :-)
Mary Waugh. Educator for Bare All Nail and Beauty.
mwaugh
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Return to Professional Nail Chat