Pink & Whites

Are you ready for your nails to be critiqued? This is where you will receive constructive criticism on your nail photos.
Forum rules
The critiquers comment on the nails in the photo. Use below as a guide:
1. Point out what's working, and what's not. Be specific.
2. Point out some things that you think could make the nails better, or ask questions about areas that you are unsure of. Be specific.
3. Don't be afraid to make comments. Everyone knows something about nails. And you all know different things. You might know something that others don't, and your comments might be helpful.
4. While the critiquers comment, the nail artist reads and considers the comments on their own merits.
5. The artist thanks people for their comments. Don't argue them. You can, though, ask questions to clarify what the critiquer is seeing.
6. If a critiquer asks a question about your work or what you're trying to do, answer it the best you can.
7. From here the artist can edit their work accordingly from the constructive feedback they received or they can choose to ignore anything they don't agree with. The final judgment belongs to the nail artist that posted.

Pink & Whites

Postby kellymarie187 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 pm

This is a fresh new set I put on my mum this afternoon. She's had acrylics for a couple of years now, and after breaking a couple of nails, she pulled the rest off :?
She does a lot of running around/heavy lifting etc throughout December as a volunteer for the Salvation Army... and her nails cop it pretty bad.
The French starts further down her nail bed that I would normally do, as Mum is a chronic nailbiter the second acrylic comes off, and I really didn't want to use a cover powder on her.
Let me know what you think :)
Attachments
016.JPG
kellymarie187
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Re: Pink & Whites

Postby jumpyg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 am

You have done a really good job on these. Well done :-)

Yes, if you don't want to use a cover pink but you want the free edge to look more balanced, you could have even gone a little shorter with the length of your free edge (about half the length of the nail bed looks good). This will also prevent nail biters from flicking their nails off. Also, if you didn't want to use a cover powder you could always blend in a natural colour nail tip and start the white a fraction further back.

Overall, these look great, your lengths & shapes looks really consistent. [high 5]
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kellymarie187 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:18 pm

jumpyg wrote:You have done a really good job on these. Well done :-)

Yes, if you don't want to use a cover pink but you want the free edge to look more balanced, you could have even gone a little shorter with the length of your free edge (about half the length of the nail bed looks good). This will also prevent nail biters from flicking their nails off. Also, if you didn't want to use a cover powder you could always blend in a natural colour nail tip and start the white a fraction further back.

Overall, these look great, your lengths & shapes looks really consistent. [high 5]

Thanks Georgy :D

For some reason they look really long in this photo, they're only just past her fingertips! I did blend the tips in too, but because some natural nails had been broken a fair way down, I wanted to keep them consistent...
Good news is that Mum's due for a refill next week (or this week? I lose track! :lol: ) and I probably won't have to rebalance the smile line, so yay!
kellymarie187
Nail Freak
Nail Freak

Postby jumpyg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Well I still think you did a fabulous job... and you are absolutely right - it should be a quick refill next week (no backfill whites needed) :-) Pretty nail art too :-)
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Nail Photos for Critique