So happy I just had to share...

Are you ready for your nails to be critiqued? This is where you will receive constructive criticism on your nail photos.
Forum rules
The critiquers comment on the nails in the photo. Use below as a guide:
1. Point out what's working, and what's not. Be specific.
2. Point out some things that you think could make the nails better, or ask questions about areas that you are unsure of. Be specific.
3. Don't be afraid to make comments. Everyone knows something about nails. And you all know different things. You might know something that others don't, and your comments might be helpful.
4. While the critiquers comment, the nail artist reads and considers the comments on their own merits.
5. The artist thanks people for their comments. Don't argue them. You can, though, ask questions to clarify what the critiquer is seeing.
6. If a critiquer asks a question about your work or what you're trying to do, answer it the best you can.
7. From here the artist can edit their work accordingly from the constructive feedback they received or they can choose to ignore anything they don't agree with. The final judgment belongs to the nail artist that posted.

Re: So happy I just had to share...

Postby jumpyg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 pm

These are stunning Liz - well done!! :D Those smile lines are to die for!
Jumpyg
------------------------------------------------
Georgy Kuhnast
Nail Tech & Forum Creator

The Nail Shop
Wholesale Nail Supplies - Open 7 Days, 24hrs
http://www.thenailshop.com.au
jumpyg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wanita3 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 pm

can u tell me how u got your smile line so crisp? Are they tips or sculptured? They r GR8. did u use a cover pink?, if so, what sort and shade?? sorry 4 all the questions... 1 more- can u tell me your techniques, such as did u do upside-down sculpts, how did u keep the smile lines so perfect, are the nailbeds extended in cover pink and how long did these take???
OH- your stilletto looks GR8 also. Thanx
wanita3

Postby liz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:31 pm

can u tell me how u got your smile line so crisp? Are they tips or sculptured? They r GR8. did u use a cover pink?, if so, what sort and shade?? sorry 4 all the questions... 1 more- can u tell me your techniques, such as did u do upside-down sculpts, how did u keep the smile lines so perfect, are the nailbeds extended in cover pink and how long did these take???
OH- your stilletto looks GR8 also. Thanx

Hi Wanita, thanks for the comments :D
I'm more than happy to answer your questions, so here goes....

These are scuptured acrylics using Young Nails products.
For this look I used YN Cover Pink Acrylic Powder for the beds and YN Speed Clear Acrylic Powder mixed with a purple craft glitter for the tips.
These nail beds are extended using the cover pink, I should of posted a before photo, because they are naturally small nail beds. I use Young Nails Forms and can't fault them.
To create the crisp smile lines I use the reverse method ( pinks first) then I use the Young Nails Diamond File to perfect the curve.
These are my own hands, so took a lot longer than they would if I were doing them on a client. On a client they take me about 1.5 hrs, but on my self it can take me that long to do one hand :lol:

Hope that helps, any other questions feel free to ask. :D

Liz xox
liz
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby wanita3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:55 am

Thanx so much liz. I hope you dont mind if i use ur idea, i hope.... They are beautiful and I hope to be as good as u are one day!!! :D
I will try a set in the future and post them on here.
Thankyou for the details and answers to my questions.
wanita3

Postby liz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Dont be silly, I can hardly call it my idea. Have fun creating them, I can't wait to see your pics.
If your not sure about the Young Nails reverse method, check out their videos on youtube, they are great. Not as good as a one on one workshop with a young nails mentor but they will be a big help.

xx
liz
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Previous

Return to Nail Photos for Critique