UV gel lamp

This is a section for nail students and potential students. Post all of your questions and inquiries here.

UV gel lamp

Postby chrissy82 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Ok im after a fairly cheapish uv lamp to do the gel seals on my acrylic nails. I know i will prob get one when i get my gel nail module from college, but im not sure when ill be getting that one and so im wanting something in the meantime, just for the gel overlay. Anyone know where im best to get one or what i would need to look for in buying one? Ive had a quick look on ebay and they have either 9w or 36w ones. Would a 9w one be sufficient enough? Also for the gel overlay, am i best to stick to a specific brand, like the same brand as the acrylic that im using, or does it not matter? Thanks guys :)
chrissy82
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast

Re: UV gel lamp

Postby Envy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 am

Hi Chrissy,

I'm surprised no one has helped with this topic for so many months now...
Hopefully by now you have resolved this with your training and have what you need...

just as a follow up - I would always say, stick with what you were taught, if you have been trained in a certain brand - stick with it - and of course use only the products/ lamps recommended for that system.

as a general rule ebay is not going to be selling professional product that will be matched to your system brand, always purchase genuine articles from genuine suppliers. These lamps have been tested and approved as the most effecient for that product, ensuring best practise results.

I'm sure this is what you would have been supplied through your training, and I hope all is going very well.
Envy

Creative Nail Design (NZ) Educational Ambassador
Envy
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Return to Student Nail Chat