what is your favourite thing?

For those of us that want a "yarn" please post here.

what is your favourite thing?

Postby paula72 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:35 pm

OK being new to the site I thought i would ask this question.....

what is your specialty? gel or acrylic? To the tech that have their own business - what do clients ask for more? I know for my fingers, acrylic is better as gel probably wouldn't last the week out as i am rough with my nails and hands lol

to the ladies who do awesome nail art - what is your favorite thing to do? eg flowers etc

look forward to hearing everyone's opinions

have a great night

Paula
paula72
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast

Re: what is your favourite thing?

Postby mwaugh » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi paula. :) I use both acrylic and gel, sometimes both on the one client! I have about 50/50 for each. I quite often do acrylic tip colours or art then cap in gel due to its clarity, so the designs stand out. When I had my salon I found that most new clients opted for acrylic as it was just what they knew, but once they seen some of the gel designs available some would try it, and I got a lot that converted. Also if I had a client that had a bit of lifting with acrylic id try them with gel, and usually would get better results so they would then stick with gel. I think many people have had bad experiences with gel usually due to them going to someone not properly trained in gel, so their nails had no structure, hence it getting a reputation of not being as strong, but done correctly gel can be just as hard wearing.. in fact it can be even better due to its ability to 'flex' more than acrylic. So basically I love both for their different properties... I love using acrylic for 3D work, and nice strong colours, and gel for all the designs u can create with it and for its clear, glassy look. So if u can eventually work with both u will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds... caz they both rock in their own ways! :)
Artwise I like doing flowers, marbled gel designs, and the good old favorite that always goes down a treat.. animal prints. :)
Mary Waugh. Educator for Bare All Nail and Beauty.
mwaugh
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby La Dolly Vita » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:05 am

Hi Paula, we use almost exclusively IBD gel. For all the reasons Mary has stated above, once our clients try it, they never go back! They also like being able to walk into the salon and not be smacked in the face by the smell of monomer.

Check out the photos on our facebook page (link is in my signature), with the exception of one or two, they are all gel.
La Dolly Vita
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby pollypinkKylie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm

I love sculpted acrylic nails, I often use gel with acrylic also, my second fav is gel toes, l LOVE them!!

My clients are about half french the other half have designer nails :)
Kylie's All About Nails
pollypinkKylie
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby wickednails » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:55 pm

I am the same as mary...but so not have any gel only clients. None of my clients have white french or natural, they are all glitter, colour and designer/custom nails.

My favourite nail art thing atm is foil butterflies and 3D roses.
Lover of Lish !
wickednails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby anora » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I love sculpted acrylic nails, I often use gel with acrylic also, my second fav is gel toes, l LOVE them!!
anora

Postby andre21 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:48 pm

I have many favorites. These include cheese, chocolate, french fries, Harry Potter, and Twilight. But i like play with my friends very much . We play football, cricket, basketball And playing cards etc.

Computer Parts Store
andre21

Postby Naillover » Tue May 15, 2012 4:15 pm

I would say the beautiful nail art designs
Naillover

Re: what is your favourite thing?-angelbaby6677

Postby sportswear13 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:45 am

Hey man, was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject.

Brees Jersey
Drew Brees Jersey
Drew Brees Shop
sportswear13

Postby Shenuel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:27 am

My favorite thing is buying all the dress I like, get a pair of shoes, handbags, and lots of accessories, by that I will be feeling so great when I get home and excited.
Shenuel
Nail Enthusiast
Nail Enthusiast

Return to General Chat