Cert IV wokplace and assessment

For those of us that want a "yarn" please post here.

Cert IV wokplace and assessment

Postby raznik » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi all,
I am very much contemplating doing my cert 4 soon, and was wondering if any of you have already done so, and if you have can you shed some light on how easy or difficult it is.
Also any suggestions as to what company offers a fair price for the course?
Nicki Jackowski
Young Nails Educator, Sydney, Southern Highlands.
Facebook: Young nails educator sydney and southern highlands.
raznik
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Re: Cert IV wokplace and assessment

Postby scorpion2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi Nicki, I've got mine, but had it under the previous system. The course is fairly detailed now, with about 15 units. The amount of paperwork associated with it is very extensive. I must say that if you want to be an educator you need it because of the need for uniformaty in assessment. The beauty of it is I can go into any workplace if they need an assessor. LOL...made it intersting during my nail course last year too.........
My advice...go for it, but be prepared for some hard work.
Carolyn
scorpion2
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby raznik » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks Carolyn. Im scared of hard work though.... :lol:
Nicki Jackowski
raznik
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Shimmy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi there.

I earned my Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training as part of a frontline management course for work a few years back and then upgraded to the Cert IV in Training and Assessment a few years later which is what it is known as now. (I was required to upgrade as part of legislative and company requirements). I found the two courses to be quite different.

One thing I have noticed is that you do need a reasonably good level of literacy. A lot of people who dropped out of the course could not keep up with the reading and writing components as well as the computer skills required. You also need vocational competence, access to a training and assessment environment and depending on which training organisation you go through, your year 12 or mature age with extensive work experience. The course is quite involved, moreso than the first one.

In a lot of cases now, you are legally required to have the Cert IV in T&A in order to be an assessor, particularly if you're delivering a nationally recognised course (as opposed to, say, a manufacturer's course). So if you're going to be running national courses, go for it but if it's a supplier's or manufacturer's course, the Cert IV is a lot of effort and might not be worth your while.

As for training providers of the course, it's too hard to recommend any given one as there are so many out there who offers many modes of study options. It is simply a matter of getting out there and researching the options and finding one that suits you best.
Shimmy
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby Velvetelle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:46 am

I have it also and i got it about umpteen dozen years ago, it was easy back then, well when i say easy i found it easy ...

Yep definately gofor it, its another notch in your belt if you like...
YOUNG NAILS MENTOR NORTHERN VICTORIA
Velvetelle
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby carlz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey I did mine online via a nationally recognized training organization and found it very easy and straight forward. I had online support via skype with my teacher during business hours :)
Nail Artist, Beautique Nail Systems Educator, Online Australian Nail Supplier
http://www.beautiquenailsupply.com.au
http://www.beautiquenailsystems.com.au
carlz
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby raznik » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 am

Thankx girls.
Im going to have to do it via the net or corrospondance I think. Ill just take my time through each unit, what have I got to loose. xx
Nicki Jackowski
raznik
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby scorpion2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:02 am

raznik wrote:Thankx girls.
Im going to have to do it via the net or corrospondance I think. Ill just take my time through each unit, what have I got to loose. xx

Nicki you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Elearning is a great option. If yo need any help just holla.... :D
Carolyn
scorpion2
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby wickednails » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Nicki did you end up doing this course.....i have been offered teaching advanced acrylic at tafe, while doing my hairdressing cert. Unfortunately i cant do hair due to sickness (lupus Disease) so i chatted to the nail girls in there and they were amazed with my nail work and knowledge but i dont have my teaching and assessment cert 4. How long does it go for??
Lover of Lish !
wickednails
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Julia26 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Certificate IV Training and Assessment can be applied to a wide range of industries, which can be applied to a number of different industries in the world. If you are looking to become a job coach and assessor training or work and education or vocational school, the completion of this course would be beneficial to their needs. Upon completing the course, acquire the necessary skills to design, develop and deliver training programs.

cert iv in training and assessment
Julia26

Return to General Chat