ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Eyelash Extensions? Waxing/Tinting?

For those of us that want a "yarn" please post here.

ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Eyelash Extensions? Waxing/Tinting?

Postby La Dolly Vita » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello all!

I am considering undertaking further study while I'm off with bub in order to add further services to my repertoire when I go back to work :) At this stage I am doing nails & spray tanning.

Ideally I would first like to be able to offer services that have a good time to income ratio (like spray tanning has) to offset the nails (which is low income for the amount of time spent).

I was thinking eyelash extensions and/or basic waxing & tinting, I'd love to hear about your experiences with these services if you offer them!
La Dolly Vita
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Re: ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Eyelash Extensions? Waxing/Tinting?

Postby Kasha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Waxing for sure, most of my money is made from waxing because most people see it now as a necessity and not a luxury., so it's always easy to rebook them ;-) Also once you get good at it, it takes no time to wax a client at all.
Accentuate Your Beauty
Let Your Inner Beauty Shine

Services provided:
Waxing
Facials
Mani/Pedi
Nail Enhancements
Makeup for Special Occasions

Spray Tans
Kasha
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby SaharaLily » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:03 pm

I agree with Kasha, waxing is a must, rakes in the money.
I do eyelash extensions, they are fiddly and time consuming, but make big dollars if u have the clients for it.
~*~ Bekki ~*~

"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
— Marilyn Monroe

SASS - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 611&ref=ts
SaharaLily
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby La Dolly Vita » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks girls! xxx
La Dolly Vita
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby SaharaLily » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:46 pm

I forgot tinting is quick and easy too :)
~*~ Bekki ~*~

"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
— Marilyn Monroe

SASS - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 611&ref=ts
SaharaLily
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Tess » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I do lash extensions and make a lot of money from them, I only charge $100 for a full set and $55 for refills, $3 per lash for lash ends. Its fiddly as Bekki said but an awesome return :D Take me about 50 minutes to do a full set, so very profitable :) I also do tooth gems which cost me 10 cents each to do, takes 6 minutes and charge $25 each or 2 for $35. Waxing is a MUST as Kasha said, its not considered a luxury, but a neccesity :D
Tess Hellier
Victorian educator Lish nail creations..
Distributor of Emendee tables and accessories

Facebook me: Body and Varnish
Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby angelspot » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:07 pm

If you are able to organise a survey of your clients to see what they would be interested in having done... try a mail out or email? It is much better to try and get your existing clients to spend more money with you than get new clientelle, in my opinion... but if that's not an option then research your potential new clients, what are their ages/lifestyles/income and then work out what would be the most profitable service to add on.
You don't want to go spending alot of money on something to find that your particular clientelle aren't interested in having it done.
Waxing is definatly good, most of my nail clients get waxing aswell.
I would say too that if you are not making enough off your nails then you need to either put your price up or cut your times down... I know easier said than done but you really don't want any service you offer to not be making you good money.
Also look at adding retail products.. thats an extra source of income without any extra time :D
angelspot
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby La Dolly Vita » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am

Tess wrote:I do lash extensions and make a lot of money from them, I only charge $100 for a full set and $55 for refills, $3 per lash for lash ends. Its fiddly as Bekki said but an awesome return :D Take me about 50 minutes to do a full set, so very profitable :) I also do tooth gems which cost me 10 cents each to do, takes 6 minutes and charge $25 each or 2 for $35. Waxing is a MUST as Kasha said, its not considered a luxury, but a neccesity :D

Thanks, Tess! I've had a look into tooth gems before but found the kits rather expensive (I think I looked at Smilegems?). What brand do you use and are they popular? I got some cheap ones off of ebay for personal use only, and found they only last about a week, if that. I'm guessing the better brands have better longetivity?
La Dolly Vita
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby La Dolly Vita » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 am

angelspot wrote:If you are able to organise a survey of your clients to see what they would be interested in having done... try a mail out or email? It is much better to try and get your existing clients to spend more money with you than get new clientelle, in my opinion... but if that's not an option then research your potential new clients, what are their ages/lifestyles/income and then work out what would be the most profitable service to add on.
You don't want to go spending alot of money on something to find that your particular clientelle aren't interested in having it done.
Waxing is definatly good, most of my nail clients get waxing aswell.
I would say too that if you are not making enough off your nails then you need to either put your price up or cut your times down... I know easier said than done but you really don't want any service you offer to not be making you good money.
Also look at adding retail products.. thats an extra source of income without any extra time :D

Thanks for all your advice, Ange! These are all things I am looking at.
La Dolly Vita
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Tess » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 am

La Dolly Vita wrote:
Tess wrote:I do lash extensions and make a lot of money from them, I only charge $100 for a full set and $55 for refills, $3 per lash for lash ends. Its fiddly as Bekki said but an awesome return :D Take me about 50 minutes to do a full set, so very profitable :) I also do tooth gems which cost me 10 cents each to do, takes 6 minutes and charge $25 each or 2 for $35. Waxing is a MUST as Kasha said, its not considered a luxury, but a neccesity :D

Thanks, Tess! I've had a look into tooth gems before but found the kits rather expensive (I think I looked at Smilegems?). What brand do you use and are they popular? I got some cheap ones off of ebay for personal use only, and found they only last about a week, if that. I'm guessing the better brands have better longetivity?

For the life of me I cant remember the brand I use, will check in the salon tomorrow, but I got the kit at expo $280..

Tooth gems stay on depending on the acidity levels in your saliva, the higher the acidity the shorter time you will get from them. On me personally they last 2 weeks, but my best friend has 2 on that I did in August 2009 after expo and they are STILL on!! I guarantee them on clients for 1 week, if they fall off within the week I give them their money back :D
Tess Hellier

Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Tess » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 am

P.S the ones I use are dentistry gems, they glue on and cure for 5 minutes with UV lighting.
Tess Hellier

Tess
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby La Dolly Vita » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey ladies, well I'm booked into my eyelash extension course on the 15th March. I'll be learning with Lash beLong, however from what I've seen the actual product seems to be one of the most expensive on the market.

What brand of lashes do you use? Have you had the chance to compare what you use with other brands?

Thanks!
La Dolly Vita
Nailed For Life
Nailed For Life

Postby Shimmy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 pm

After the feral thread, I won't be waxing :lol:
The closest I'll get is eyebrow shaping!

But I've long considered doing a lash extension course. A friend of mind undertook one with Xtreme Lashes and has done well out of it. It's not so much the financial aspect of it that immediately attracts me but the dexterity involved and the result you get.

There are HEAPS of fake tanners around my area and even mobile ones so I think I'll leave that.
Shimmy
Obsessive Nail Freak
Obsessive Nail Freak

Postby suzzie » Thu May 19, 2011 6:40 am

Eyelash Extension application is a very precise, detailed job, it takes hours of practice to be really good at it.

1. You can buy an eyelash extension kit on e bay for around $25. Then from watching you tube you can learn how to apply eyelash extensions. Next you can buy a domain name and call yourself an expert – NO ONE will challenge you.
2. Quite a lot of companies that sell eyelash extension products also offer training courses, this range from $200 to over $1000. These vary from company to company. They can be intensive or as little as you learn from a DVD.
Have you seen the Hollywood lashes since the 90s? You will often find that most of the women you see on TV are using some sort of eyelash extensions to enhance their beauty. If you are interested in buying a set of high end mink extensions you can pay upwards of over $500.
suzzie

Postby minna » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Idol lash is pretty easy to apply. It helps if you’re used to brushing on liquid eyeliner though, and you have to be careful not to get it in your eyes. It is the perfect way to have long eyelashes and eyebrows as it enables rapid lash growth so that the final effect is longer, darker, thicker and beautiful eyelashes. The result is really great!
Last edited by minna on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
minna

Next

Return to General Chat