Nailtips Update

Website updates and nail related news.

Nailtips Update

Postby spoony » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 am

Hi All,

For a while we've had new registrations disabled due to the high number of spammers. We have a bunch of measures in place to stop automated spamming but it's hard to stop real people signing up and spamming.

Anyway I've just done a big cleanup and tried to activate as many legitimate accounts as I could see. I've added some extra bans etc and changes signup questions. We'll see how things go. We're pretty short on time to be able to maintain things but in the longer term I'd like to do an update to the forum to freshen things up. Won't be soon though.

We'll see how things go spam wise, the next step when I get time will be to restrict new accounts to just the introduction area and force people to do an introduction email before approving them to post in other areas. I think that will make things much more manageable for us.

Just thought I'd give a little update and apology for not having as much time these days to maintain things. We recognise that having the forum information available is still a valuable resource for people.

We are still around and still watching, but not as often as we'd like. We do appreciate when we get emails from people reporting spam etc and when people report it we try to clean it up quickly.

Cheers,

Paul :)
spoony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Latest News